Thursday, November 8, 2012

Miss Deidre...center stage, please. You're on in 5...4...3...

QUICK NOTE FROM BRANI (especially to any Beach Bum Bath & Body shop viewers): This post is a guest post and a little break from beauty blogging, which is what my blog is typically about.  I am so thankful to Spring for sending so many viewers over to my blog to check out all my beauty-related stuff. If you'd like to see those sort of posts from me, please just click the "Beauty" navigation button over there to the right. :) When I read this post to approve it for my blog, I almost peed my pants, it was so funny. This is one of my most favorite non-beauty bloggers in the blogging world, and I just love her. I think you will, too. She's helping me out because I am a tad bit busy right now getting my new job situated. Thanks, D, take it away!
 


Alright people. I know what you are thinking...

"A guest post?! What the heck... Where is Brani with my makeup tutorial?"

Trust me, I know. We all think it. And I am no Brani. And I am definitely NO makeup expert... But do you want to know what who I am? Well... too bad! I am telling you anyway. My name is Deidre (Dee-druh) and I blog over at Love, The Skinnys with my husband Adam. I say with my husband, because he contributes to the blog about once a week. And, he won't admit it... but he LOVES being a blogger super star. He will text me multiple times a day when he posts, "Any comments yet?" So if you see him post.. comment. He will LOVE you for it. Sorry for the tangent. Here we are, Mr. and Mrs. Skinny.
 
 


This is always what we look like. Fancy. And put together. 
My hair done. Him in a blazer. BIG smiles. And looking perfectly retouched.

JOKING!

That is one of our engagement photos.
This is what we normally look like.


My family knew that we were a match made in heaven when they saw the amount of funny faces Adam makes. They thought I would never meet someone as out of control as me. And boy were they wrong. I will at least smile 25% of the time. For Adam, it is closer to 3.6%. So I am here today to teach you the art of the funny face. 


Start with the eyes. Make them big. 
Or one squinty. Or crossed.


Next the nose. Basically you have two options. 
Flare it or suck it in.


Next the lips... any shape that isn't a smile will do.


Add the chin or an awkward hand position.


Put it all together and you are SET!


That is actually the most hideous funny face I have ever seen. I am so glad I could put it together for you. Need some more funny face inspiration? Here are some of my favorites... 


And then one normal for good measure. 
Just so you know Brani's friend is normal.


Well. Hopefully I didn't frighten you TOO much. And I hope to see you over at Love, The Skinnys soon. Especially because there is a GIVEAWAY going on. And who doesn't love free stuff?

Love,
Deidre

14 comments:

  1. Can I comment on my own blog? Sure I can. Gosh, Deidre, I just love ya! You're great and so funny. I wish we could hang out in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. gosh.
    hahaha Diedre that- was amazing.
    and I have no other words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deidre - I love this! And this confirms that we should've hung out more when at UAC.
    Brandi - love the blog, so cute! Great design. Newest follower.

    xo-
    moe
    moetalksalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moe! I appreciate that so much. Yeah, D is pretty much the perfect guest blogger to have. I have loved the results of this post--I knew it would be a hit. I will have to visit your blog later today after my doctor's appt. xo

      Delete
  4. Okay.. I'm sooo happy I came here to read this for a few reasons...
    1. You're hilarious!
    2. Love your face no matter what!
    3. I had NOOOOO idea how your name was pronounced. lol I thought it was Dee-Dree.

    PHEW! Glad that got all cleared up girl!


    ♥Janette
    http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com


    Note to the blog owner:
    1.Excellent choice for a guest poster!
    2. LOOOOVE your blog header
    3. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Deidre is so wonderful; I just adore her and had to choose her. I really appreciate you visiting my blog, and commenting, as well (to both of us)! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
    2. PS. I will be visiting your blog later today for sure!

      Delete
  5. HAHAHA I LOVE THIS POST.
    This is TOTALLY me, my husband and the rest of my family!

    Awesome.

    p.s. Brani thanks for the awesome comment on my election day post!
    Glad you visited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Deidre the best guest poster ever?! And of course, no problem on the election day post :) We stick together, right?!

      Delete
  6. Love this post deidre! I wish my face could do that and my husband didn't smack me everything I tried:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't D just the greatest?! I can't make that face, either. At least I don't think. Haha!

      Delete
  7. HAHAHHAHA Oh boy, I love this post!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deidre is pretty funny. I love this post, too! :] Thanks for the info, and for following! So appreciated. xo

      Delete